The holiday season can make us all exhausted… and penniless. That's why we are encouraging you to treat yourself… FOR FREE! Check out HTFFFCU’s approved ideas below.
- Choose the book you’ve always wanted to read. Pick it up from the shelf or order it from your local library. Give yourself one hour of undisturbed reading time.
- Make a cup of hot cocoa, turn a movie on and relax.
- Take a long walk with your spouse, kid or dog; whoever is the least annoying.
- Go for a long drive.
- Go for a long drive, park and go for a long hike. Say maybe at Galveston Island State Park, Stephen F. Austin Park or Sam Houston National Forest? For some ideas closer to home, check out this article.
- Enjoy Houston museums. See here for the list of museums offering free admission.
- Play your favorite video games at home.
- Exercise at home or at the gym. This might not sound like a treat but exercise clears the mind and offers a sense of achievement.
- Take a long bubble bath or a long hot shower.
- Cook something you love.
- Clean your wardrobe and pack up all the items you’d like to sell, donate or exchange. Find forgotten blouses and pants in the process.
- Gaze at the sea and relax.
- Take a refreshing nap.
- Watch cute animal videos. There is something soothing in seeing them play.
How would you treat yourself for free?