Products & Services
Notice: Effective April 1, First Community Credit Union has closed two of their Shared Branches in the Houston area at 3200 S Dairy Ashford and 3400 Hwy 6.
Look for the Swirl
Being part of the Shared Branching Network allows members of participating credit unions to do their banking at any credit union in the network. This means that if you are not located near one of our three locations or you are out of town on vacation or business you can conduct your credit union business at a participating credit union or service center near you.
What is Shared Branching?
Shared Branching is a network of credit unions that will allow “Guest Members” from any participating credit union to conduct transactions at a participating credit union. Credit unions are sharing their branches so that members will have access to over 2,000 locations nationwide.
Shared Branching FAQs
What transactions can I perform at a Shared Branch?
- Withdrawals ($750 maximum)
- Balance Inquiries
- Loan Payments
- Transaction Histories (Last 10 transactions)
- Money Orders
- Traveler's Cheques
- Cashier's Checks
- ATM Transactions with no fees (at participating credit unions)
How can I find the nearest Shared Branch?
Click here to find the shared branching location closest to you. Put your information in the search engine and you can find the Shared Branches participating in your area. Or, select a state and view every participating credit unions in that state. Also, you can link to this website directly from the HTFFFCU home page.
What is the difference between a Shared Branch and HTFFFCU?
Policies at a Shared Branch may differ from those at HTFFFCU, for instance:
- Length of check holds: a minimum of 2 business days
- You will need to completely fill out transaction slips
- Valid identification is required at each visit
- Drive Thru not always available to “Guest Members” at participating credit unions.
What information can I not get from a Shared Branch?
- Answers to questions or concerns with your statement
- Any account information over the phone
- HTFFFCU Loan, Savings, and other rates
- Direct Deposit and Automatic Transfer set ups.
What do I need to bring with me to perform a transaction at a Shared Branch?
- Valid photo ID with signature (Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID)
- Know your Credit Union name (Houston Texas Fire Fighters Federal Credit Union)
- Account Number (Shared Branches do not have the ability to look up your account number by name or social security number)
How long does it take for the transaction to reach my account?
The transaction is “real time” which means it is immediately posted to your account.
Can check holds be released?
Yes, after reviewing the check, HTFFFCU can decide whether or not to release the hold. Please contact the Call Center if you need your tranaction reviewed.
Can I deposit checks made payable to my DBA?
Yes, only if the account is set up in the DBA name.
Can I do a cash advance from my credit cards at the Shared Branch?
You may be able to do a cash advance at a Shared Branch, if they accept credit cards. In that instance, you may be subject to any fees or charges imposed by those Shared Branches.
Do the Shared Branches have coin machines for our use?
If any of the other participating Shared Branches have coin machines that you can use, you may be subject to any fees or charges that are the policies of those credit unions.
What does it mean to “Look for the Swirl”?
“Look for the Swirl” refers to the Shared Branching Network logo. You can identify a Shared Branch by looking for the Swirl Logo. Some locations will have it on the pole sign and all will have the Swirl on their front door.
Other Important Information:
- If you have a password on your account, the Shared Branch will not have access to that information and therefore will not ask for you to provide it.
- If you have any alerts on your account such as Update Address, See Collections or Garnishments, you will not be able to do any transactions at the Shared Branches until those have been take care of with us.
- Any cash back transaction of $500 or more will require a thumb print.
- Transactions made after 7 p.m. will be posted on the next business day.
- No third party check will be accepted.
- A separate deposit slip for Shared Branching will be available at the participating credit unions in the network.
Products & Services
- Automatic Transfers
- Direct Deposit
- Overdraft Protection
- Telephone Teller (PATT)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Wire Transfers