HTFFFCU Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
The loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- We offer a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates providing even more choice and flexibility
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Get a quick credit result by applying online. It’s quick, easy, and only takes about 15 minutes to apply.
- 24/7 online account management
To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
* We are compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
An Education Loan from Houston Texas Fire Fighters Federal Credit Union is a great way to pursue your education without paying excessive rates.
With rates as low as 6.65% APR and up to $10,000 per school year (up to 3 years), you can finance any additional school expenses such as housing, books, technology and more!
APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Students are required to provide proof of enrollment. Applicants must have a FICO 08 score of at least 600 to qualify. For an $8,500 Education Loan the monthly payment will be $170 (or 2% of the current balance). All loans are subject to credit approval. Students may only have 1 Education Loan with the credit union at a time. Payments equal to 2% of unpaid balance are computed on the end-of-month statement cycle date.
- Business Loans
- Credit Cards
- CU Owned Vehicles
- Education Loans
- Other Secured Loans
- Other Loans
- Real Estate Loans