What is ID Theft?
It occurs when someone uses your:
- Social Security number
- Credit Card number
- Other identifying information
...without your permission, to commit fraud or other crimes.
Impact on Victims
- Damaged credit record
- Loss of job opportunities
- Refused loans for education, housing or cars
- Spend months or years cleaning up mess
Who’s most Vulnerable?
- People who don’t take precautions
- People who are “out and about” using credit cards, leaving receipts
- People who give personal information without asking “Why do you need it?”
- What is ID Theft?
- How to prevent ID Theft.
- Detect Suspicious Activity
- What To Do if You Fall Victim
- Closed Account Notification System